Directions: Where to meet and launch points
Guests on the 4-day Orca Camp trip need to be at the Fisherman’s Wharf in Campbell River [look for Discovery Launch Water Taxi] located here or at the Gowlland Harbour Resort dock on Quadra Island by 8:00 am on your departure date.
Getting to Campbell River and Quadra Island
- By Air
Campbell River Regional Airport (YBL) is an approximate 40 minute flight from Vancouver (YVR). Airlines with service to Campbell River include Pacific Coastal Airlines and Central Mountain Air
- An airport shuttle meets every incoming flight to Campbell River and is easy to locate in the small terminal. The shuttle charges $15 CAD per person to take you to the ferry for Quadra Island. Approximate travel time from the airport to the ferry is 20 minutes. Rates for the quick 10 minute ferry ride can be found on the BC Ferries website.
- By Car from Vancouver/Horseshoe Bay
Travel time: approx. 4 hoursTake the Horseshoe Bay Ferry to Departure Bay, Nanaimo (reservations recommended). Then take Highway 19 North to Campbell River. Highway 19 leads you to the Campbell River Ferry terminal. Quadra Island is a quick 10 minute ferry ride from Campbell River.
- By Car from Seattle/Port Angeles
Travel time: approx. 5 hoursTake the Port Angeles Ferry to Victoria (reservations recommended), Then take Highway 19 North to Campbell River. Highway 19 leads you to the Campbell River Ferry terminal. Quadra Island is a quick 10 minute ferry ride from Campbell River.
- By Bus
Travel time: dependent on departure pointThe Island Link bus provides service between all major ferry terminals on Vancouver Island. You must reserve your seat in advance. When making a reservation choose the “Tyee Plaza” as your drop off point for Campbell River – Quadra Island ferry. Quadra Island is a quick 10 minute ferry ride from Campbell River.
Visit Our Shop
Wildcoast Adventures Shop (685 Heriot Bay Road, Quathiaski Cove) is located just a short distance by foot or by car from the Ferry Terminal in Quathiaski Cove.
Stop by and say hello on your first day on the island!
Pre-trip Accommodation Options (4-Day Tour)
(note: Only applicable for 4-day/3-night Orca Camp tour. All other trips include the first night at Gowlland Harbour Resort or April Point Resort)
Whiskey Point Resort: Just minutes from the Ferry Whiskey Point offers budget accommodation on beautiful Quadra Island. To book a room contact the resort directly at 250-285-2201 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfort Inn: Located in Campbell River on the waterfront in downtown Campbell River, the Comfort Inn offers comfort in distinctive, West Coast style. The hotel offers a free breakfast and free wifi. To book a room contact the Comfort Inn directly at 250-914-5117. Mention you are taking a trip with Wildcoast to receive a discount!
Planning your trip home
While you are unlikely to want to leave after experiencing all the adventure and beauty the west coast has to offer, for those that do have to return home:
- Trips return back from Orca Camp to Gowlland Harbour Resort on Quadra Island and the dock in Campbell River by approximately 3:00 pm on the final day of camp.
- Trips to Desolation Sound and the Discovery Islands return to the Wildcoast Shop on Quadra Island by approximately 3:00 pm on the final day of your kayak expedition.
- For guests on the 7-day Premium package spending the final night at Gowlland Harbour Resort or April Point Resort, check out time on your last day is 11:00 am.
We’ll miss you when you go, but remember you are always welcome to come back and visit us again!