Wildcoast Adventures Packing List: Preparing for your Kayaking Adventure
Whether you are staying at the excellent facilities at our Orca Camp or heading out on a kayak camping expedition trip, packing for your sea kayaking adventure is a breeze. Like staying at a resort hotel all you need to bring are your personal belongings.
Suggested packing list for your kayaking adventure:
- Camera(s) with charged batteries
- Water Bottle
- Clothing: days may be warm or cool (it is the wild coast after all). We recommend you bring both summer clothing (shorts, t-shirts, swimsuit, etc.) and warm clothes (long pants, fleece jacket or wool sweater, long sleeve breathable shirts, rain jacket, warm socks, etc). You can leave cotton items at home or note that you will likely only wear them when at camp. When kayaking it’s priority to remain warm and dry. Layering with synthetic materials is the best way to achieve this!
- Water shoes (sturdy strapped sandals, neoprene water shoes, or rubber boots) & camp shoes (running shoes and/or trail shoes)
- Sunhat or ball cap and a warm (wool or fleece) hat
- Headlamp or quality small flashlight
- Kayak gloves (optional)
- Insect repellent
- Your personal medications and toiletries (toothpaste, etc)
- Fast-dry towel
- Fishing gear (optional): see details below for details on how to purchase a fishing licence prior to your trip
- Book or journal (for those quiet times)
- Beverages: your trip includes both hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks. Please note that no alcohol consumption is permitted prior to or during water excursions. You are welcome to responsibly enjoy any alcoholic beverages you bring with you during other times at camp.
Tipping – gratuities are optional and not included in the cost of your tour. Tipping is an expression of satisfaction with the persons who have provided great service to you on your tour. Amounts are entirely a personal preference; however $5-10 per guide, per day can be used as a general rule.
Want to go fishing during your trip?
- Orca Camp Guests: purchase and bring your fishing licence with a salmon stamp
- Expedition Trip Guests (Discovery Island & Desolation Sound): purchase and bring your fishing licence and fishing rod & tackle
Download PDF Checklist for a complete list of items to bring on your kayaking adventure.