– please note information on this page is subject to change –
COVID-19 Operating Protocols
Wildcoast worked with several other kayaking companies in our region to determine how to safely operate kayaking trips in light of the Covid-19 situation. Safety has always been our top priority, and while we are all keen to get out into the wild, we want to make sure that we can do so responsibly.
Beyond developing new operating protocols, Wildcoast continues to follow the directions provided by the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer. It’s important to note that protocols may be enhanced or eased based on directions provided and as such may impact the ability to run scheduled trips.
The Wildcoast Shop on Quadra Island
For staff and guests that enter the Wildcoast shop on Quadra Island the following is required:
- Limited customers in the shop at one time
- Social distance with others if not part of the same social bubble
- Use the hand sanitation station as directed
- Only authorized staff allowed to enter roped off areas
- Payments must be made by credit card and waivers signed online
Wildcoast has implemented an ongoing cleaning regime to regularly sanitize common surfaces and no staff or guests that believe they have had possible exposure to Covid-19 are permitted in the shop.
Kayaking Expeditions, Orca Camp and Day Trips
In 2020, we provided a limited amount of “social bubble” trips. Social Bubbles consist of a tightly restricted group of people who are regularly in close physical contact such as families or friends, who socialize exclusively with each other. In 2021, we are hoping for a return to mixed groups but this will be dependent on the social interaction guidelines provided by the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer.
Some of the procedures we implemented in 2020 based on best practices included the following:
- 2m social distance retained between guests and guides whenever possible
- whenever not possible to maintain social distance between guests and guides, the guides wear masks
- all participants expected to regularly sanitize or wash hands
- guests were asked not to assist in food preparation or enter the meal preparation area
- guides wear masks during food preparation
- guides set up a wash station for guests to clean their own dishes after each meal
- transport in vehicles required all travelers to wear masks
Wildcoast cleaning protocols apply to all gear and vehicles whereby everything is thoroughly cleaned prior to the next use.
Our Ongoing Commitment
During your visit to our shop or while on tour, we welcome your feedback regarding any protocols could be changed to enhance your experience while still retaining your safety.
Need More Info?
Toll-free (North America): 1-855-485-9453