– please note information on this page is subject to change –
COVID-19 Operating Protocols
Wildcoast has worked with several other kayaking companies in our region to discuss how to safely operate kayaking trips in light of the Covid-19 situation. Safety has always been our top priority, and while we are all keen to get out into the wild, we want to make sure that we can do so responsibly.
Beyond developing new operating protocols, in order to determine if it is advisable to run trips in 2020, Wildcoast is following the directions provided by the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer. It’s important to note that protocols may be enhanced or eased based on directions provided and as such may impact the ability to run scheduled trips.
The Wildcoast Shop on Quadra Island
For staff and guests that will enter the Wildcoast shop on Quadra Island the following will be required:
- Limited customers in the shop at one time
- Social distance with others if not part of the same social bubble
- Use the hand sanitation station as directed
- Only authorized staff allowed to enter roped off areas
- Payments must be made by credit card and waivers signed online
Wildcoast has implemented an ongoing cleaning regime to regularly sanitize common surfaces and no staff or guests that believe they have had possible exposure to Covid-19 are permitted in the shop.
Expedition and Day Trips
For 2020, a limited amount of “social bubble” trips of up to 6 participants are being offered. Social Bubbles consist of a tightly restricted group of people who are regularly in close physical contact such as families or friends, who socialize exclusively with each other. Protocols include the following:
- guests are encouraged to bring their own sleeping bags and tents if possible
- the recommended 2m social distance will be retained between guests and guides whenever possible
- whenever it is not possible to maintain social distance between guests and guides, the guides will wear masks
- all participants will be required to regularly sanitize or wash hands
- guests are asked not to assist in food preparation or enter the meal preparation area
- guides will wear masks during food preparation
- guides will set up a wash station for guests to clean their own dishes after each meal
- transport in vehicles will require all travelers to wear masks
Wildcoast cleaning protocols will apply to all gear and vehicles whereby everything is thoroughly cleaned prior to the next use. With the exception of vehicles, Given the limited amount of trips being offered in 2020, it is unlikely gear will be re-used within two days of last use.
Our Ongoing Commitment
During your visit to our shop or while on tour, we welcome your feedback regarding any protocols could be changed to enhance your experience while still retaining your safety.
Need More Info?
E: [email protected]
Toll-free (North America): 1-855-485-9453